Known as "Blue Dots," these popular iButton® readers contain two electrical contact areas for iButtons. Either simply touch the iButtons to the reader for momentary contact, or with an extra push, snap the iButton into place where it will be held for dwelled contact. When plugged into a 1-Wire port adapter (USB, serial, or parallel), Blue Dots provide an electrical interface for iButton communications through a PC or other computing environment.
DS1402D-DR8 is the most popular Blue Dot as it contains a male RJ-11 plug at the other end of the cable. It can be plugged into the DS9490R USB adapters and DS9097U serial-port adapters.
- 2.4m (8ft) Coiled cables to connect iButtons to 1-Wire networks
- Convenient, off-the-shelf connectivity
- Momentary (F3/F5 MicroCan) or dwelled contact (F5 MicroCan only)
- Adhesive pad to mount on objects
- Can be used with any Dallas Semiconductor port adapter